Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The plan I am following is called Buff Dads. I finally got the book last week and have finished reading the food and diet sections. I am looking forward to this plan, as I don't have to starve myself, and can still eat the foods I normally eat.

I just need to eat normal portions.

You see, this is my number one problem. Portion control. I have portion distortion which means that I will have portions that are way too big for a normal meal. The normal portion size, according to the book, would be the size of your fist and the palm of your hand. There are other ways to tell the correct portion and when I do the maintenance phase, I will use them.

So I will be eating 6 small meals a day, starting around 5AM and eating one every 3 hours after that. The meals would are going to consist of 1/3 protein, 1/3 carbohydrates and 1/3 veggies. Of course there is a list of good and appropriate foods, but when you have foods on there that I really like, well, it's a good thing.

Let me give you an example:

  • Lean Beef
  • Beans of any kind
  • Poultry
  • Eggs/egg whites
  • Cottage Cheese
  • Broccoli
  • Cabbage
  • Oysters


Even pasta is allowed. The only caveat is that I have to have protein with it.

It is a very common sense oriented plan. For example take some of the top 10 best tips on losing weight with this plan:
  • Drink water or protein smoothies
  • No Alcoholic beverages
  • No eating 2 hours before bed
  • Eat 2/3 of your daily food intake early
  • Eat breakfast -- Don't skip it
  • Make a shopping list
  • Drink 10 or more glasses of water a day


So that is the basis of the eating portion. I will continue reading and post about the workout later on this week.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online