Thursday, October 23, 2008

Turning 40

Today I am 40 years old.

I have to stop and actually contemplate that. Forty years have gone by since I was introduced into this world and what a ride so far.

I have to say that out of all the years I have been here, the best have been the last eight, which happens to be the number of years I have known my wife, Angela. Without her I would not be where I am today, nor would I be blessed with two beautiful girls. Thank you babe. Without you I would not be who I am today.

So we went to Texas Roadhouse last night to celebrate my birthday early. And I did not scarf down the biggest steak there, nor did I eat the entire loaded baked potato, nor did I eat the fat off of the 12 oz prime rib I had. Those are actually good things. Now as for me sitting on a saddle waving a napkin going "Yee haw!" as the wait staff sang happy birthday, that was another thing altogether, but the look of horror and embarrassment on my oldest daughter's face....now that was priceless!

But today, as things are beginning to slow down at work, and I can actually work a day of normal hours, I am back to eating salad and soup today for lunch, and a sensible dinner. Breakfast was not a normal thing, but I figure for my birthday, I can have a quad shot venti upside down skinny Caramel Macchiato with an apple bran muffin. So I did try to stay somewhat healthy.

Anyway, back to work and I'll update later.

1 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Birthday my love!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online