Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I went to my second weight watchers meeting today and once again, I was the only guy there in a room full of teenage girls and women. But first the good news:

I have lost 5.4 pounds over the week! Which means I got my Five Pound Sticker and received a Bravo Sticker as well.

Not too shabby and as the title says, the results are not typical according to the leader of the meeting. So even with my two days of really bad eating, I did okay.

The next goal for me is the 5% goal of 18 pounds. We'll see how long that takes.

The topic for today was BBQ Grilling. Knowing what I love to eat, and believe me, putting all of the food up on the board, especially when I hadn't eaten since 3:00 was killing me! But learning all of the point values for the correct portions made me stop and think. No wonder I am so fat! My portions would have made the typical BBQ well over 40 to 50 or more points just for that meal! We discussed healthy alternatives and one of them is shrimp. How about 8 ounces of shrimp for the same points as three ounces of brisket? No contest. This 4th I think I will opt for the lighter fare, even if I have to bring it myself.

So that's it for this week ladies and gentlemen. 5.4 pounds lighter and I am out of here to go for my walk.

Have a blessed day.
Eric

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online