Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My First WW Meeting Part 2


Well, guys, if you are looking for a place to meet women, then this is the place. Out of the 20 or so people at the meeting last night, there were two men there. Me and another married guy who was there with his wife. (DISCLAIMER...I am happily married and not looking. Just making an observation.)

I have to say, that the WW meeting was part WW grocery store, part pep rally, part motivational speaking and part contest. How you say?

As I walked in, the first things I noticed was the three ladies at the counter who greeted me. (After waiting outside for a while because the website was wrong on their meeting time, but that is another story) In front of the counter were scales. Now the scales look like they could hold a small elephant up if necessary, but the actual readout of the scales are behind the counter. You have to take their word for it. I am not sure I really like that, but oh well, not my rules.

Now after the scales, you turn and see the grocery/book/utensil sections. Here is all the WW foods, books and utensils you could ever hope for. They are very proud of their items, as the price reflects. I would highly suggest that you buy the food at Walmart or somewhere like that, the books at a used bookstore or online and as for the utensils you can find equivalents elsewhere. Some of their merchandise is expensive!

I weighed in, at 350.8 and so from now on, Tuesdays will be my official weigh in date. After weigh in I went in and waited on the meeting. Ah yes the meeting. That was the interesting part. I did get a lot of good advice from that meeting. Some things that I had not really thought of, such as putting the point values on the outside of packaging, that way you know just how much that candy will cost you if you so desire it.

The leader talked to us about planning ahead, which is a good topic. She had quite the bubbly personality and when it came time to hand out stickers for achieving certain goals, like showing up for your second week and for losing five pounds, she became both a dancer and cheerleader, playing MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This" and handing out the stickers.

I felt like I was in my youngest daughter's class for a while.

Don't get me wrong, I know why this is done this way, but I am saying that I am not that Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah type of guy. Not yet anyway. (For you youngsters out there, look it up.) But overall, I think this will be the challenge I need to get my lazy butt off the couch and into weight loss mode.

Oh, and I went with the forty dollar a month plan, with unlimited meetings and the online option as well. Now the Online option is definitely worth it! (again, another post.)

So that is it for now. I am "Officially" doing WW now, and not just on my own.

Have a blessed day!
Eric

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online