Friday, June 05, 2009

There are many struggles that people deal with when losing weight. Binge eating, eating due to emotions, lack of time due to life happening, etc. But I have a couple of new ones for you: Camping and Sunburn.

We went camping for four days this past Memorial Day weekend, camping at wonderful Eisenhower Park at Lake Texhoma. It was a good time, and we mostly had fun doing this. When I started camping I weighed in at 351. I thought that camping would be good to me; I'd be hiking, fishing, doing the outdoors things I like to do. But I also apparently ate like a pig and did not even realize it. When I came home and weighed in, I had gained seven pounds! I was beside myself in disbelief.

To top that, I had decided to wear shorts for the first time in 3 years outdoors and went fishing with the kids at the Red River, actually doing some fishing while standing in the water. Can you guess what came next? That's right, I became sunburned.

I was sunburned so badly that my legs from my knees down to my feet swelled to two and one half times their normal size. I went to the urgent care clinic and they were actually advising me to make sure I came back if the skin started splitting open! Needless to say, I didn't do any exercising (i.e. walking) for the rest of the week.

So, a little over a week later, I weighed in at 349 this morning. A small victory, but a victory none the less.

Believe me, I learned my lesson from this one.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online