Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I have decided to share my thoughts on some of the foods I tend to eat and since I eat at my desk at work, to save time and save money, I tend to eat either leftovers or Weight Watchers Smart Ones meals. In doing so, I thought "What the heck, I'll let the whole world know what I think of them."

So for better or worse, here is my review of Weight Watchers Smart Ones Picante Chicken & Pasta.

After cooking and stirring, the first thing to notice is the smell. The smell is very nice with the various ingredients blending quite nicely. So nicely in fact that one of my co-workers wondered where I went for take out. He was impressed by the smell alone and has decided to try it this week.


Visually the meal is pleasing as far as a microwaved dinner can be. I was not that impressed visually.

However, after tasting it, I was hooked. Overall, the dinner was slightly spicy, yet not spicy enough to take away from the dish. The various ingredients blended well. The chicken was tender and not overcooked as I have had in the past with frozen dinners. The beans were done just right and the pasta was not mushy.

The meal is 5 points, with 260 calories and 4 grams of fat.

I give it 4.5 forks. I will definitely buy it again. I would suggest you try it as well and let me know what you think.


Here is the nutritional information:

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size:255g
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 260 Calories from Fat 35

% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 25mg 9%
Sodium 480mg 20%
Potassium
Total Carbohydrate 32g 11%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Sugars <1g
Protein 23g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 6%
Iron 8%

* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online