Monday, November 24, 2008

A Change in Plan

There are times when a husband need's to acknowledge that his wife is wise and caring, and thank God for her. This is one of those times for me.

For those who are following my journey, you might remember reading that I was following the Buff Dads plan, as outlined in the book by the same name. I am still following part of that plan, the physical fitness portion, but I have dropped the meal plan portion after discussing it with my wife last night.

Her argument was that the book offered a 4 week plan, and nothing for maintenance. She pointed out that with the amount of weight I have to lose, it will take me way more than a single month to do this, and she is right about this. Also, she pointed out the limitations on meal and product selection. Weight Watchers wins on that argument. One of her leading arguments is the fact that our kids like to bake with my wife. Under the Plan, there really is no room for an impromptu item like that. Weight Watchers does allow for it.

So after thinking about it, for all of I believe 5 minutes, I told my wife, that I would follow the Weight Watchers Flex Plan, which is the points plan. I have figured up my daily points for my weight and all that (44 points) and to me that seems like a lot, so I will be trying to keep it at around 38 or so for now and see how that goes.

I am not planning on going to meetings, but I may do the online thing with all the tools and gimmicks they offer. If you have been on this plan before, I would really like to hear from you as to what you think, and what your experiences have been.

For now, that's it. Just another major change for my weight loss journey.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online