Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I will normally not cross post to all of my blogs, but for this day I will...This was originally posted to my Random Thoughts Blog.

Today is Veteran's Day here in the United States. Elsewhere in the world it is known as Armistice Day, the day WWI ended. I have strong emotions about this day, and I wish that Americans would act as if every day were Veteran's Day. You see, one of the main reasons I can write this blog, and speak my mind, and NOT be afraid of "thought police" is because of the blood, sweat and tears that those men and women shed fighting for freedom around the world. It is the reason why we have elections and can elect a man of mixed race for President of the United States. It is one of the reasons why the world has the nation of Isreal reborn where it belongs.

So don't just thank a Vet today. Thank a Vet EVERY day for the life you lead.

Now that said, I want to personally say thank you to the Veteran who is in our lives and we love very much.



Kenneth Provine is my wife's grandfather. He is a Veteran of WWII, the Pacific Theater. He fought at Guadalcanal, Tarawa and other in other battles in the Pacific. He rose to the rank of Master Sergeant first in the Marine Corps and then after reinlisting in the Army, again rose to the same rank of Master Sergeant.
He is an honorable man, who does not dwell on the battles he has fought in and faced but the good times he had traveling the world, recounting stories of the people he met during that time, and the places he visited.
He is one of the reasons why we are free to do as we do this day. I am proud for him, and proud of him. He is our own personal American Hero.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online