Monday, November 24, 2008

I learned a valuable lesson tonight.

I started my workouts tonight, following the plan outlined in a previous post. Now, granted, I am morbidly obese, and haven't worked out in a while, but I have been able to push myself in the past, to see how far I could go in a first workout. However, I went too far this time.

I finished what I could of the workout and started to get light headed, so I went out to the car to leave and felt like I was going to pass out. Light headed, dizzy, nauseous, and feeling very tired. I had never experienced this before after a workout. I was to the point that I called my wife to tell her and told her that I would drive home, that she didn't have to come get me. It took me about 30 minutes to finally be at a point where I felt I could drive and I drove home.

Apparently I didn't look that well for the look on my wife's face and I think she's right, in that I should have let her pick me up. I could have picked the car up later. I had no color whatsoever in my face. I was a very white pale color and I was feeling really badly. So I sat down and had a Gatorade and waited. Eventually I laid down.

To make this story short, I am feeling much better, after eating some. I am not sure if what happened is related to what I ate today, or the fact that I went to work out on an empty stomach, or the fact that I am getting older and I am not a 20 or 30 year old anymore. I do know that I will need to rethink my workout and figure out a better approach to this.

My workout summary is as follows:

  • First Set

    • Dumbbell Squats ------ 15 Reps at 10 lbs

    • Stiff-Leg Dead Lifts - 15 Reps at 10 lbs

    • Lunges --------------- 5 Reps at 10 lbs

    • Push ups ------------- 12 Reps

    • Bent Over Rows ------- 15 Reps at 12 lbs

    • Shoulder Press On Ball 15 Reps at 10 lbs

    • Bicep Curl on Ball --- 15 Reps at 10 lbs

    • Dips ----------------- Not Done

    • Ab Crunches on Ball -- 20 Reps


  • Second Set

    • Dumbbell Squats ------ 12 Reps at 15 lbs

    • Stiff-Leg Dead Lifts - 12 Reps at 15 lbs

    • Lunges --------------- Not Done

    • Push ups ------------- 10 Reps

    • Incline Press on Ball 12 Reps at 15 lbs

    • Bent Over Rows ------- 12 Reps at 20 lbs

    • Side Lateral Raises -- 12 Reps at 15 lbs

    • Triceps Extension ---- 12 Reps at 15 lbs

    • Bicep Curl on Ball --- 15 Reps at 20 lbs

    • Dips ----------------- Not Done

    • Ab Crunches on Ball -- 20 Reps



This may not seem like much, but it did a number on me.

My meals for the day are as follows:

Breakfast at 5:15AM: Oatmeal with one tbls of PB, with one mashed banana.
Snack at 8:30AM: Yogurt
Lunch at 12:40: Plain Baked Potato with Baked Chicken Tenders and apple.
Snack at 3:15: Popcorn
Dinner at 7:00: Whole Wheat Pasta in Sauce, Garlic Toast and Steamed Broccoli.
Snack at 9:00: Yogurt and Granola.

And yes, I know that the last snack was way too late, but tonight was a little different for me because of the workout.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online